Meaty goodness at Harbourside - Hurricanes Grill, Darling Harbour

Establishment: Hurricanes Grill
Cuisine: Modern Steakhouse and Ribs
Allergy information: Their menu has a number of options that are dairy, egg, seafood and gluten free. Staff are happy to assist with any allergies
Suggestions: Full. Rack. Pork. Dairy, egg, seafood and nut free and amazingly good. Their basting is delicious. 

Another favourite with my family and we tried it after some rave reviews from my brother about the ribs. We've been coming to Hurricanes for years and before they finally opened up some locations closer to home, we would willingly trek out to Darling Harbour from the west so that we could get chowing down on some quality meat. It was another one of the earliest places that became a safe regular spot for me to eat and thankfully, my family love it just as much as I do so each return has been a happy one!

From our very first time there, things went really smoothly allergy-wise. Our server was so helpful and as soon as I queried the ingredients, he assured me not to worry, he would go into the kitchen to check and within a few minutes, he did just that and confirmed that the basting and the meat were all dairy, egg and seafood free. I was good to go!

My friend's fuzzy steak! The dish that started me off at Hurricanes.

I actually went for the steak first because at that stage, that was my safe go to dish. They use the same basting for all the meats and I don't normally get to put much sauce on my steaks, outside of ketchup (yes, very sad!), so it was easily the sauciest steak I'd ever had... and it was so good! I actually have no idea what is in their sauce but it is dairy, egg, seafood and gluten free, which is brilliant. It is also absolutely delicious and brings this awesome mix of savoury and sweet flavour that works perfectly with the meat. 

My brother had been going on about those ribs for a while so after a few visits, I decided to try them. They geared me up with the big paper bib, set up the bowl for the bones and I was all set. That meat was falling right off the bone and with the basting? Amazing. Thus my love for the full rack pork was born.

The legendary full rack of pork ribs, with chips.  

The staff are really very lovely. I believe that most of them are backpackers so you meet some lovely people from all over when you eat at Hurricanes. Even when they're busy, the staff are very attentive and really helpful if you need them, so asking for any help with allergies is very easy to do, something that just makes the dining experience so much easier for those of us who so often have to worry otherwise. The menu clearly shows all vegetarian, dairy free and gluten free options for those needing to start scanning for safe options.

Menu provides clear options for vego, dairy free and gluten free.

I mostly go there for the ribs, considering that's their signature dish, however I've actually had a good pick through of the rest of their menu and I genuinely recommend the steak, the char grilled chicken, the burgers - all of them come with that beautiful basting. In terms of sides, my potato-loving self tends to go for the chips or the baked potato but the steamed vegies are a healthier allergy-friendly option. They're simple steamed vegies but that's a nice contrast for the rich meat and sauce.

If you're a meatlover and enjoy your food with a lovely water view, I can't recommend Hurricanes enough!


My attempt to veg up! The steamed greens are a perfect side and all allergen free.


A restaurant with a view - can't complain!

Darling Harbour on a lovely eve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to many Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in Sydney!

Welcome to Allergy Eating in Sydney!