Smooth, sweet and sumptuous Sorbet in Sydney - Pure Gelato, Croydon Park


Establishment: Pure Gelato, Croydon Park
Cuisine: Gelato and sorbet
Allergy information: they offer an amazing range of dairy, egg, nut, gluten and sugar free gelato and sorbet
Suggestions: the Passionfruit Sorbet is so smooth and absolutely gorgeous, so much so that even my friends without allergies wiped it out because they all loved it too!

Ok, so I'd have to really enjoy something if I'm going to recommend a Gelato place in the dead of Winter, but it can't be helped, this place is amazing!

Like most kids growing up with a dairy or egg allergy, the idea of eating ice cream was often something of a dream. My first ever ice cream came from a health food store in Macquarie Shopping Centre back in the 80s. Sadly, I no longer remember what the store was called, but they had a banana soy ice cream, in a tray just like the other regular flavours. Looking back on that now, I remember that making the whole experience even better. It was like getting to go to the store like anyone else and being able to pick an ice cream as if that was something I did all the time.

From that first little banana ice cream, other options slowly and steadily began to pop up over the next couple of decades. Packaged tofu ice cream from that same little health store, Vitari soft serves from the nearby Mr Whippy which then also began to appear at supermarkets, to So Good beginning their ice-cream range... those were my main options up until the last decade or so, during which allergy-friendly ice cream options have exploded.

Nowadays, I can enjoy delightful fruit sorbets, flavourful vanilla, coconut or almond based ice creams filled with all sorts of delicious swirls, bits and pieces and even choc coated ice cream bars (thank you, Magnum!). As anyone with allergies would know, that range of options is just fantastic and it even means I have room to have favourites. Honestly, talk about luxury!

And that range now continues to broaden thanks to my friends, Col and George, who recently introduced me to Pure Gelato out in Croydon Park. While recently celebrating their new little girl's baptism, they ordered an ice cream cake from the Croyden Park gelato place along with some lovely dairy, egg, nut and sugar free sorbets to cater for their guests' dietary requirements. We were treated to some lovely Strawberry, Passionfruit and sugar-free Mango.

Without any hesitation, these were the smoothest sorbets I've ever had. The rich, fruity flavour was perfect with just the right amount of sweetness, making for a really bright and refreshing dessert. I especially enjoyed the Strawberry which made me think of a creamy strawberry jam, but even better was that Passionfruit. It was amazing! I was also not alone. Afterwards, even the others with no fear of allergies loved it, including George who doesn't even like passionfruit which just demonstrates how good it was.


One of the remaining tubs. Col would have liked me to take some of the tubs home but they would have melted on the train so they kept them and I was recently able to have some more again when I was over for a visit. Amazing!

The delicious Strawberry sorbet. Yep, the Passionfruit tub was long gone - the family all loved it!

Their range of flavours and products is incredible and they also deliver so if you're unable to drop by their store in Croydon Park, their gelato can come to you. Their website is also really helpful, with an easily searchable menu that helps you find safer flavours by cutting out allergens. They also have dedicated pages for their products which are dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free and lactose-free and recommend certain flavours based on your needs. All in all, they make it wonderfully easy for allergy-sufferers to find something delicious. 

If you've been after a lovely gelato, I highly recommend giving Pure Gelato a go and I'm already looking forward to my first order. I've got my eye on their Pineapple, Chocolate Sorbet, Soya Based Vanilla Bean and of course some more of that delicious Passionfruit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to many Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in Sydney!

Welcome to Allergy Eating in Sydney!

Copyright Information