Allergy-friendly cakes delivered to your door - Gourmet Cake Express

Establishment: Gourmet Cake Express
Cuisine: Baked goods
Allergy information: They have a wide range of gluten free cakes as well as a selection for special diets such as egg free, dairy free and vegan.
Suggestions: The Egg Free Dairy Free Chocolate Cake is moist, jammy and decadent. They have also confirmed it is nut free so that's one for the nut allergies!

Straight off the bat, I will not hesitate to say I've been going to these guys for cake since 2012 and once again, I have an excellent workmate to thank for their discovery.

In the lead up to one of our team meetings, my workmate, Jaz, sent me an email letting me know that they were looking to get some cake in for my and another teammate's upcoming birthdays (incidentally, my 30th!) and asked me to check out a link to a place called Gourmet Cake Express that had a 'Special Diets' section.

If I recall correctly (2012 was a while back now), I clicked the link in disbelief and had a minor freak out before running over to her and thanking her for finding a place that stocked and delivered an allergy safe cake.

I'm sure that a lot of people reading this will be all too familiar with bakeries being an overwhelmingly unsafe place. Cakes and pastries fluffed with milk, eggs and butter, gluten just... everywhere, knocking out people who are celiac.

So you can likely imagine how incredible it was to find a place that has products ready made and ready to be delivered same day. A discovery we immediately acted upon once I gave my friend the very excited go ahead.

Result? Getting to celebrate my 30th birthday by enjoying some scrumptious chocolate cake with the rest of my teammates for the first time ever. How can I not be grateful to any place that facilitated such a feat?

Since then, I've been back to them multiple times, including recently joining with some friends to order one in for our friend's birthday.

Mmmmm... jammy...


For anyone trying to find an allergy friendly cake for your child's party, or so your vegan friend or workmate with allergies can join in at lunch meetings or afternoon teas, I definitely recommend checking out Gourmet Cake Express.

Also, same day delivery! My friend was able to order a 3pm delivery at about 10am that same day. That's pretty great by many catering places' standards!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to many Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in Sydney!

Welcome to Allergy Eating in Sydney!

Copyright Information