Allergy-friendly Travel Eats! Find #1 - Apfelkern Und Kolibri, Bad Homburg, Germany

Wonderful surprise discoveries while travelling with allergies!

Find #1 - Apfelkern Und Kolibri, Bad Homburg, Germany

It's been a long few years since my excellent friend, Colleen, and I finally found this place after getting lost amidst the picturesque maze of houses, just off of Bad Homburg's main shopping street, Louisenstraße. She had looked up whether this beautiful city had any allergy-safe dining fare for my visit and found this quaint looking cafe offering a fully vegan menu. 

Thankfully, we eventually found the place (it took a while, Google maps being particularly unhelpful!) and it was easily one of the cutest places I'd ever eaten. The entire menu was vegan, saving me from fear of dairy, egg or seafood, and a quick and very kindly answered query about their Mediterranean Quiche determined that they could create the dish without adding the pine nuts so that covered that final obstacle. 

To this day, I am chagrined that I never took a photo of that quiche, which was delicious and I'm yet to find a worthy equivalent anywhere else, but I was sure to get a photo of my much anticipated dessert - Vegan Waffles with Cinnamon Sugar.

My second ever waffle. A great moment.

What a cozy place to relax, enjoy some lunch and chat away. We were happily holed up there for a nice little while, comfortably full and sipping tea. In fact, we were already planning to go again as soon as the time allowed but sadly, that didn't happen and this first visit remains my one and only.

Love this tea set!

That is a cool clock. I actually tried to see if I could find one.

Fancy a seat outside?

The gorgeous little neighbourhood where Apfelkern Und Kolibri resides.

Finding safe places to eat anywhere is always something of a cause for celebration, but it does feel pretty amazing to find safe dishes and places you can love so far away from home, let alone charming places like this. If you're ever in Bad Homburg, Apfelkern Und Kolibri is still there (hurrah!) so do check them out.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to many Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in Sydney!

Welcome to Allergy Eating in Sydney!

Copyright Information