My Allergy Profile


My answer to the food allergies - ha! My Christmas baking supplies.

My Allergy Profile
Food allergies:

Dairy
Egg
Seafood
Most nuts  - thankfully, early exposure to peanuts, almonds and cashews helped me to escape a very common food allergy but the rest are a no go zone
Rockmelon*
Kiwi*
Sausage - this is on here because sausage has sent me to the hospital however lately I have been closely checking ingredients and finding some that have turned out to be safe, which is amazing!
Alcohol*
All cause anaphylaxis and hives except the ones marked which have caused itching, swelling and vomiting.

Other allergies:

Animal fur (particularly cats, dogs and horses)

Sensitivities:

Dust mites
Heat, both humid and dry
UV
Conditions:

Eczema/atopic dermatitis
Perioral dermatitis
Asthma (mild)
Ulcerative Colitis (pancolitis/mild)
Current medications:

Zyrtec (1 daily or more as needed)
Imuran (75mg daily) - started having to take this after an unhappy bout with Topical Steroid induced Perioral Dermatitis and the resulting TSW which continues to this day, but which is being managed, so hurrah!
Topical treatment:

Emulsifying Ointment (1-2 times a day)
Kenkay Skin Relief Sorbolene Vitamin E Light Cream (due to the perioral)
Avene Cicalfate
Tacrolimus (as needed)
Vaseline
QV Intensive Moisturising Cleanser
Banana Boat Everyday SPF 50+ (except on my face due to the perioral - hurrah for hats!)
No makeup except lipstick occasionally. Pre-PD, I used to use Clinique foundation and a Revlon eyeliner and mascara for weddings, but they would still make the eyes sting a fair bit
Up until 2017, I would use topical steroids like Advantan and Elocon however after the PD and the TSW, I decided to try my best to destroy any dependence on them. Yes, I am on immuno-suppressants and I am still dealing with the fear of what will happen when my derma and I try to lower the dosages, but my past experience with both have shown how drastically different my body's capacities are afterwards and it's based on that, that I've decided to go forward with the Imuran and hope for the best. It's been a real roller-coaster, but things are plodding along ok. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to many Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in Sydney!

Welcome to Allergy Eating in Sydney!

Copyright Information