All You Can Eat Vegan Pizza! - Salt Meats Cheese, Broadway

Establishment: Salt Meats Cheese, Broadway
Cuisine: Family owned Italian Restaurant
Allergy information: Vegan Pizza Night has many dairy, egg, nut and seafood free options
Suggestions: Potatoes Pizza! And the Truffle and Mushroom. 

While there are now so many more options for allergy-friendly pizza, it can still often be a bit daunting considering the high possibility of cross-contamination with cheese, particularly at Italian restaurants filled with genuinely cheesy pizzas and parmesan shakers floating about everywhere (in the most non-literal sense of course).

I've also had past experience at some places that used Notzarella which had sparked slight allergic reactions (nothing worse than some slightly swollen lips and throat itches, but still enough not to recommend at that stage) and that had rather dampened my wishes to try it again. 

Then a couple of my friends brought the new All You Can Eat Vegan Pizza Tuesdays at Salt Meats Cheese in Broadway to my attention. It took a little while before I was able to coordinate a dinner with my friend, Colleen, but we finally made our way there to give the pizzas a try. 

To get in on All You Can Eat Vegan Pizza Tuesdays, they do recommend you book ahead so Col booked online and we were all set. The cost is just $20 with any drinks purchase so we made our way in and ordered drinks and first pizzas. I couldn't not order the Potatoes Pizza first because anything potato is absolutely my kind of food, while Col went for the Truffle and Mushroom. 

Potatoes on pizza! What a wonderful world!

My word - that grand plate of 'cheesy' potato goodness was so good! And this time around, not only was the Notzarella really delicious and perfectly paired with the potato, rosemary and garlic, I didn't experience any form of reaction - no tickle, no itch. Fantastic! Needless to say, I hoovered through each delightful mouthful. 

I tried some of the Truffle and Mushroom, which was certainly lovely, and stood up pretty well considering the potato pizza was a hard act to follow (though I must say, there were to be no champions over the Potato that evening). 

We then went for some Margharita which ended up being a perfectly simple and classical way to finish off. Admittedly, we had assumed we could take down a few more on this All You Can Eat Vegan Adventure, however by that point, we were definitely - and quite happily, I might add - getting full.


Above were the other options available, the Vegetariana stood out in particular and might have been consumed were it not for our very full bellies. Saying that, that was a great selection to choose from and a lot more allergy-friendly options than I'd ever seen before on one menu.

If you're looking for some beautiful gourmet pizza for a genuinely reasonable price, I would highly recommend giving All You Can Eat Vegan Tuesdays a go! They do advise booking beforehand but they will also try to seat you as best as they can if you don't. I would be sure to flag any allergies with staff or send any queries to them beforehand so they're aware and hopefully you get to enjoy a full Tuesday eve of some fantastic pizza!

And say hello to Margharita!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to many Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in Sydney!

Welcome to Allergy Eating in Sydney!

Copyright Information