Allergy-safe brunching! - Caffe Cherry Beans

Saturday Brunching with my dearest Ma.

Establishment: Caffe Cherry Beans
Cuisine: Cafe, all day breakfast
Allergy Information: Some dishes are dairy, egg, seafood and nut free or can be made vegan
Suggestions: the BLAT, without aioli, with the herby fries or the garnish salad (it's simple, but the balsamic glaze is lovely)

I don't generally eat at a lot of cafes. Perhaps on occasion, I'll grab a tea or a cold drink with a friend but for the most part, I don't usually find it that easy to find allergy-safe foods at cafes. Of course, that tends to mean that if you're in shopping centres or out and about, your main options are fast food or restaurants. Minus places like cafes, which tend to serve that bit more lightly and quickly than if you decide to sit down in a restaurant, you don't have much of a happy medium. Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy both quite easily, but it is also nice to have some quicker eats options for food, particularly in the middle of a day of errands or activities.

This was why it was great when my family introduced me to Caffe Cherry Beans for the first time at Westpoint Blacktown. When they first suggested it, I had my typically knee-jerk apprehension about whether or not I'd be able to eat anything there besides some chips, wedges or a salad but I had a look through the menu and spotted the BLAT (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato). It came with aioli, so I asked if the staff could please leave that out and I'm not a huge fan of avocado either so I essentially asked them to remove the A elements from the BLAT. So long as there weren't any allergens in the bread, a good ol' BLT sounded great to me.

And it was! Excellent bacon, lovely bread, tomato was fresh and overall, it was a great sandwich. I also got some chips with it and they make some very nice hot chips! Really crisp and you can get them with a really delicious herby salt.

Since that first lunch, I've revisited a good number of times, particularly more recently on a rather dastardly Sydney day. Say what you will about bacon, it is nice to at least have some other quick eats options that aren't junk food (though I do love my junk food..!).

Seriously, I really like that BL(A)T..!

Request the BLAT without aioli and it's dairy, egg, seafood and nut free, all in one, and quick to order and enjoy if you need to get moving quickly or if you feel like relaxing with a light meal.

They also have other items that you can easily adapt or request substitutes for based on what you need. I've yet to try some of their other melts and sandwiches, but I feel confident enough to try them and request and necessary adjustments from the staff based on my positive experiences so far.

It's nice to have a place where I get to safely brunch and munch!


When a Cleantertainer (aka, my sister) goes brunching. Do check her out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to many Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in Sydney!

Welcome to Allergy Eating in Sydney!

Copyright Information