Allergy Friendly Travel Eats! Find #4 - Roly's Fudge, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, UK


Wonderful surprise discoveries while travelling with allergies!

Find #4 - Roly's Fudge, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, UK

I cannot thank the UK enough for the lovely foods I was able to eat while I was over there last year. I was genuinely bowled over by the sheer variety of options. Honestly, in terms of food, it really does feel like a whole other world for someone like me and quite frankly, it was a good thing all I did was walk because I would have easily come home a good few kilos heavier!

On our second day in London, we went on a bus tour that would take us to Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick Castle then finish up at Oxford and as a happy literary geek, I was very excited to visit the hometown of the Bard himself.

Our first glimpses of the birthplace of Shakespeare.

Now, as my brain was filled with Shakespeare while we walked through the house in which he was born, then were able to enjoy a wonderful outdoor performance and lastly visit his schoolhouse and experience what education would have been like for young playwright, I wasn't really thinking about food. I'd brought some food from Pret A Manger (which I will certainly blog about another time!) and felt pretty set for the day.

But then, while walking back from the schoolhouse, my fudge-loving mother saw the Roly's Fudge shop and of course, we had to have a look. We entered to some delightfully flavoured scents and to a gorgeous looking assortment of different flavours. 

At this point, I was pretty much assuming that anything I bought would be purely for gifts. That I might be able to eat any of their fudge wasn't really on my mind till the lovely lady helping us mentioned something about dairy free fudge and so I asked her more about it. She was able to explain that not only did they have some dairy and egg free options available, but that they have separate production days to ensure no cross contamination. That is something that, to this day, many places cannot claim to do. 

I definitely have a sweet tooth so the Maple and Cashew was an obvious choice, while Ma snagged a couple other flavours for herself. My fudge palate is fairly unsophisticated as I've only tried the one type before and that was now a while back because the place that sold it is gone. Ma, however, Fudge Connoisseur that she is, said that it is some of the best fudge she's ever had. 

Overall, it was a lovely surprise and I do recommend checking Roly's out if you're ever up in Stratford or the UK!



It's quite a charming town!


The Guild Chapel of the Holy Cross, founded before 1269.



Shakespeare's Birthplace from Henley Street.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to many Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in Sydney!

Welcome to Allergy Eating in Sydney!

Copyright Information